The Hidden Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hidden Truth about Islam and christianity

Latest imagesRegisterLog inReturn to the portal of the websiteHomeGo the arabic version of the websiteSearchContact Us !Let's your comments and suggestion about the website

Confutation of the "Evidence" for Jesus Divinity

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Investigator

Confutation of the "Evidence" for Jesus Divinity Empty
PostSubject: Confutation of the "Evidence" for Jesus Divinity   Confutation of the "Evidence" for Jesus Divinity Puces_11Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:53 am

1. The Alpha and Omega
In the Book of Revelation 1, verse 8, it is implied that Jesus said the following about himself: “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” These are the attributes of God. Consequently, Jesus, according to early Christians, is here claiming divinity. However, the above-mentioned wording is according to the King James Version. In the Revised Standard Version, biblical scholars corrected the translation and wrote: “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” A correction was also made in the New American Bible produced by Catholics. The translation of that verse has been amended to put it in its correct context as follows: “The Lord God says: ‘I am the Alpha and the Omega, the one who is and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.’ ” With these corrections, it becomes evident that this was a statement of God and not a statement of Prophet Jesus.
2. The Pre-existence of Christ
Another verse commonly used to support the divinity of Jesus is John 8:58: “Jesus said unto them, ‘Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.’ ” This verse is taken to imply that Jesus existed prior to his appearance on earth. The conclusion drawn from it is that Jesus must be God, since his existence predates his birth on earth. However, the concept of the pre-existence of the prophets, and of man in general, exists in both the Old Testament, as well as in the Qur‘an. Jeremiah described himself in The Book of Jeremiah 1:4-5 as follows: “Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.’ ”
Prophet Solomon is reported in Proverbs 8:23-27, to have said, “Ages ago I was set up at the first, before the beginning of the earth. When there were…; before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world. When he established the heavens, I was there.”
According to Job 38:4 and 21, God addresses Prophet Job in a similar way. Consequently, Prophet Jesus’ statement, “Before Abraham was, I am,” cannot be used as evidence of his divinity. Within the context of John 8:54-58, Jesus is purported to have spoken about God’s knowledge of His prophets, which predates the creation of this world.
3. The Son of God
Another of the evidences used for Jesus’ divinity is the application of the title “Son of God” to Jesus. However, there are numerous places in the Old Testament where this title has been given to others:
-God called Israel (Prophet Jacob) His “son” Exodus 4:22-23, “ .. ‘Thus says the Lord, “Israel is my first-born son"
-God promised to make Prophet David His son in Psalms 89:26-27: “..I will make him my first-born,.”
-Angels are referred to as “sons of God” in The Book of Job 1:6, “Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.”
-You can also refer to:

1Chro. 22:10 --- Romans 8:14 --- Genesis 6: 2-4 --- Samuel 8:13-14
2Chro. 6:18 --- Mat. 5:45 --- Psalms 2:7 --- Luke 3:38

Some claim that what is unique in the case of Jesus, is that he is the only begotten Son of God, while the others are merely “sons of God”. However, God is recorded as saying to Prophet David, in Psalms 2:7, “I will tell the decree of the Lord: He said to me, ‘You are my son, today I have begotten you.’ ”
It should also be noted that nowhere in the Gospels does Jesus actually call himself “Son of God”. Instead, he is recorded to have repeatedly called himself “Son of man” (e.g. Luke 9:22) innumerable times.
The expression “son of God” merely meant “Servant of God”; one who, because of his faithful service, was close and dear to God, as a son is to a father. Consequently, the use of the term “son of God” should only be understood from the Semitic symbolic sense of a “servant of God”, and not in the pagan sense of a literal offspring of God. In the four Gospels, Jesus is recorded as saying: “Blessed are the peace-makers; they will be called sons of God.”
4. One with God
Those who claim that Jesus was God, hold that he was not a separate god, but one and the same God incarnate. They draw support for this belief from different verses in the Bible; fore example, "..I am in the Father and the Father in me?
These phrases would imply Jesus’ divinity. However; Jesus is also recorded as saying to his disciples, in John 14:20, , “In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.” Thus, if Jesus’ statement “I am in the Father and the Father is in me” means that he is God, then so were his disciples. This symbolic statement means oneness of purpose and not oneness of essence. The symbolic interpretation is further emphasized in John 17:20-21.
5. “In the beginning was the Word”
John 1:1&14, “1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....” However, these statements were not made by Jesus Christ, nor were they attributed to him by the author of the Gospel according to John. Consequently, these verses do not constitute evidence for Jesus’ divinity, especially considering the doubts held by Christian scholars about the Fourth Gospel. The Bible scholars who authored The Five Gospels said: “The two pictures painted by John and the synoptic gospels (i.e., the Gospels of Matthew, Mark & Luke) cannot both be historically accurate. (see my explanations earlier, please
Back to top Go down
https://hiddentruth.forumotion.com

Confutation of the "Evidence" for Jesus Divinity
Page 1 of 1