The Hidden Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hidden Truth about Islam and christianity

Latest imagesRegisterLog inReturn to the portal of the websiteHomeGo the arabic version of the websiteSearchContact Us !Let's your comments and suggestion about the website

Is Jesus The Son Of God? - TRINITY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Investigator

Is Jesus The Son Of God? - TRINITY Empty
PostSubject: Is Jesus The Son Of God? - TRINITY   Is Jesus The Son Of God? - TRINITY Puces_11Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:46 am

1- Jesus denies his divinity:

There are numerous accounts in the Bible which deny Jesus’ divinity:

JOHN 1:18 --- TIMOTHY 6:16 --- EXODUS 33:20
JOHN 5:30 --- JOHN 8:50 --- JOHN 12:49
JOHN 20:17 --- MATTHEW 28:18 --- MATTHEW 12:28
LUKE 11: 20 --- ACTS 2:22 --- JOHN8:40

2- A Messenger:

There are many verses in the New Testament supporting the messenger ship / prophet hood of Jesus. The following are only a few: In Matthew 21:11, the people of his time are recorded as referring to Jesus as a prophet: “And the crowds said, ‘This is the prophet Jesus of Nazareth of Galilee.’ ” In Mark, 6:4, it is stated that Jesus referred to himself as a prophet: “And Jesus said to them, ‘A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.’ ” In the following verses, Jesus is referred to as having been sent as a messenger is sent. In Matthew 10:40, Jesus was purported to have said: “He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.” In John 17:3, Jesus is also quoted as saying: “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”

3- A Man:

For example, in Matthew 19:17, Jesus responded to one who addressed him as “O good master”, saying: “Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God.” If he rejected being called “good”, and stated that only God is truly good, he clearly implies that he is not God.
In John 14:28, Jesus was saying: “The Father is greater than I.” Hence, he left no room for anyone to intelligently claim that he was God.
Even in some of the writings of Paul, Jesus is referred to as a “man”, distinct and different from God. In 1st Timothy, 2:5, “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.”
In the Gospel according to Mark 13:31-32, Jesus is also reported to have denied having knowledge of when the final hour of this world would be, saying: “..but of that day or hour no man knoweth, neither the angels in the heaven nor the Son but the Father.” One of the attributes of God is omniscience, knowledge of all things. Therefore, his denial of knowledge of the Day of Judgment is also a denial of divinity, for one who does not know the time of the final hour cannot possibly be God.

4- The Miracles:

Unfortunately, those who claim divinity for Jesus, usually hold up his miracles as evidence. However, other prophets were recorded to have done the same or similar miracles in the Old Testament; For Example:

Jesus MiraclesSimilar Miracles from the Old Testament

Jesus fed 5,000 people with five loaves of bread and two fishes.

Elisha fed 100 people with twenty barley loaves and a few ears of corn (II Kings 4:44)

Jesus healed lepers.

Elisha cured Naaman the leper (II Kings 5:14).

Jesus caused the blind to see.

Elisha caused the blind to see (II Kings 6:17&20).

Jesus raised the dead.

Elijah did the same (I Kings 17:22). So did Elisha (II Kings 4:34). Even Elisha’s bones could restore the dead (II Kings 13:21).

Jesus walked on water.

Moses and his people crossed the dead sea (Exodus 14:22).

In the New Testament it is confirmed that Jesus did not act on his own as in John 5:30, as saying: “I can of mine own self do nothing...” and in Luke 11:20
Back to top Go down
https://hiddentruth.forumotion.com

Is Jesus The Son Of God? - TRINITY
Page 1 of 1